To land that big-scoring play, you may be looking for words using the letters J, X, Q and Z. They’re among the most obscure letters in English. That’s why they’re also worth the most points in games like Words With Friends® and Scrabble GO®.
Having a list of words that contain a specific letter, or combination of letters, could be what you need to decide your next move and gain the advantage over your opponent.
WordFinder is happy to provide you with words to focus on, conveniently organized into word lists for every letter of the alphabet, plus some useful combos for even more high-scoring potential!
List of Words With the Letter…
As you make your way through these lists of words with letters A through Z, make note of the ones that’ll really help you win those word games. You may also want to find words with certain letters when writing poetry, because you’re looking for a certain sound or structure to your creative work.
- Words with the Letter A include ADVANTAGE, ACCURATE and AWESOME.
- Words with the Letter B include ABSOLUTE, BRILLIANT and HABITAT.
- Words with the Letter C include CENTURY, ORGANIC and PERCENT.
- Words with the Letter D include DECADES, ORDERED and ELDERLY.
- Words with the Letter E include METEOR, NEIGHBOR and PERFECT.
- Words with the Letter F include FUND, EFFORT and SEAFOOD.
- Words with the Letter G include BLOGGING, COINAGE and GAMIEST.
- Words with the Letter H include ACHIEVE, HISTORY and BROUGHT.
- Words with the Letter I include CANDIDATES, ACCESSIBLE and FITNESS.
- Words with the Letter J include ENJOYABLE, PROJECT and FAJITA.
- Words with the Letter K include THINKING, PACKAGES and KINDLY.
- Words with the Letter L include ALTERNATE, BELIEVE and VOLUMINOUS.
- Words with the Letter M include ANIMALS, COLUMNS and PLASMAS.
- Words with the Letter N include ANYTHING, NOTHING and STUDENT.
- Words with the Letter O include BECOME, FLOWERY and YOUNGER.
- Words with the Letter P include PRIMARY, REPLACE and WEBPAGE.
- Words with the Letter Q include FREQUENT, QUARTER and CAIQUES.
- Words with the Letter R include RETAINS, EASTERN and OPERATE.
- Words with the Letter S include ASKED, SIMPLE and CIRCUS.
- Words with the Letter T include TRAINER, CONSTRUCTION and BIRTHDATE.
- Words with the Letter U include CURRICULUM, OCCLUDING and POULTRY.
- Words with the Letter V include DISADVANTAGEOUS, OVEN and HAVING.
- Words with the Letter W include FORWARDNESS, KNOWN and HIGHWAY.
- Words with the Letter X include EXHIBITION, APPROXIMATE and BOXED.
- Words with the Letter Y include LYMPH, PHYSICIAN and CHARITY.
- Words with the Letter Z include OVERZEALOUS, OPTIMIZED and ZOOM.
- Words with Z and Q include SQUEEZE, QUARTZ and MEZQUITS.
- Words with Q and J include JACQUARDS, QUILLAJA and JONQUIL.
- Words with Q and H include QOPH, QURSH and SQUISHY.
- Words with Z and J include JAZZIEST, ZABAJONE and MUZJIK.
- Words with Z and Y include DIZZY, SCUZZY and STYLIZE.
- Words with X and V include VEXIL, EXUVIA and GLOVEBOX.
How to Find Words With These Letters
Referring to the word lists highlighted above are a great way to find words containing the letters you want to use. We’ve organized these lists for your convenience, grouping together words of the same length. That way, all the 7-letter words are in one batch, all the 6-letter words are in another batch, and so on.
When you have a more specific query and you want to find words containing the letters in your game, then our handy word finder search tool is a powerful option. Just type in your letters (up to 20 of them!) and let the tool work its magic. You’ll have words containing the letters you need in a jiffy.
Now that you’re looking at your custom word list with the specific letters you entered, you may be wondering if you can do more. If you’re playing a word game, then it is important that you select the correct game dictionary too!
Pick the Words With Friends® dictionary if you’re playing that game, but choose the Scrabble dictionary if you’re playing that game. Both the scoring system and the list of valid words are different between the two titles. We also support Wordscapes® and Word Chums®. If in doubt, pick Scrabble® Dictionaries to be on the safe side.
Find Words With Missing Letters
Maybe you want to look for words with the letters ABDOR. Some options here include board, broad and dobra. But, what if you’re playing a crossword puzzle or some other word game where you don’t know all your letters? What about when you’ve got blank tiles in Scrabble®? You can do that with our word finder too.
Simply enter a question mark (?) or a space to indicate a wildcard. You can include up to three of these in a word search. So, if you enter ADI?Y into the search bar, you’ll find words like daily, diary, and diyas.
RETAINS: Winning 7-Letter Words
The biggest reason why you want to master as many 7-letter words as you can is because you earn a huge bonus when you use all 7 letter tiles in Scrabble® or Words With Friends®. With Words With Friends®, you get 35 bonus points when you use all 7 of your letter tiles. In the case of Scrabble® and Scrabble GO®, the bingo bonus scores you a whopping 50 extra points.
So, here’s the thing. Even if you know what the highest scoring word in Words With Friends® is, you’re probably never going to play it. What’s more important is being versatile and taking advantage of opportunities, like cashing in on bonus squares and bingo bonuses. One word you’ll want to keep in mind for this reason is RETAINS.
For starters, those seven letters can be rearranged to form several 7-letter words, including:
Toss in just a single wildcard and now you’ve got access to dozens of 8-letter words, ripe for that bingo bonus across so many possible in-game scenarios. Some examples include:
You’ve got plenty of chances to score with a well-placed hook in Scrabble or Words With Friends® . Reach out to a double letter or triple word score!
Related Word Finder Links
Want to find more words? Use our word finder and refer to all these helpful links for more word lists, plus word game tips, hints and insights.
Whether you’re playing word games or simply playing with words, your friends at WordFinder by YourDictionary are here to help! Find all the words containing the letters you need to play right here.